Deye Inverter strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
2. Why do we collect and use personal information?
We use personal information for various purposes, including to fulfill orders and requests, to manage customer and prospect relationships, conduct surveys, improve our products, services, digital content as well as user journeys, manage user accounts and programs, analyze activities on our digital platforms, run marketing activities, provide user with contextual and relevant information, ensure the security of our activities, protect against fraud, and, more generally, run our business activities.
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalized experience while using our digital content.
Deye Inverter collects personal information for the following purposes:
- To better address future requests for information and support. We keep record of exchanges including personal information to provide an optimized service on contacting us for support;
- For relationship management purposes which includes communicating about the products, services and digital content including email communications and messaging;
- To conduct surveys and polls. We may collect personal information to complete surveys and contact you for follow-up. We use this information to measure satisfaction, get to know our customers better and improve products, services and digital content;
- To improve our products, services and digital content; for instance, we analyze the use of our applications and websites in order to identify areas and functionalities where users have difficulties, and we improve them;
- To run promotional programs and activities: we collect personal information when you join a promotional or reward program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send relevant e-mails about the program and activity, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available in accordance with applicable regulations and laws;
- To send you marketing information by mail, fax, phone, text messages, email and electronic communications about promotions, news and new products or services that we think may be of interest to you in compliance with applicable opt-in and opt-out requirements. This can be conducted by Deye Inverter, its subsidiaries or selected third-parties acting on our behalf;
- For business continuity and disaster recovery;
- To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. For example, accounting and tax obligations;
- Any other purpose otherwise conveyed to you.
3. What type of personal information do we process?
Deye Inverter processes various types of personal information including identity and contact related information, professional related information, information about preferences, interactions with us, financial related information, online traffic data and the content you provide to us. In most instances this information is obtained from customers, partners and users. We also purchase lists from marketing agencies and obtain information from our partners, through Cookies and social networks.
Personal information (also called personal data) is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The types of personal information we process about you may include:
- Identity and contact related information, such as name, company, email address, phone number, photo, age range, contact addresses;
- Professional information, such as customer type, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe; acquisition and use of Deye Inverter products, services and digital content;
- Information (e.g. energy consumption) which is specific to the digital platform you use
- Your preferences such as product and service preferences, contact preferences, marketing preferences;
- Your interactions with us such as queries, orders, claims, survey answers;
- Financial-related information such as bank account details, credit card information;
- Online traffic data such as IP address, device and system identifiers, your Deye icloud Monitoring user ID and password, referring website, type of browser used, consulted content, and location, based either on your IP address or on information transmitted by your mobile device;
- Content that you have provided via online forums or otherwise (see section 6 “Your content” below).
In most instances we collect personal information directly from users who have a business relationship with us. We may also obtain information through a reseller or a business partner, by purchasing customer lists from marketing agencies, from your online browsing experience, from social networks when you connect with these network’s credentials and through Cookies. You may obtain more precise information on the third-party source (if any) of personal information by contacting us at the email address indicated in section 10.
4. Your content
You may choose to contribute content, including photos or comments, to online forums, applications or other digital platforms operated by Deye Inverter. Your content must be harmless. It must respect the law, the rights and interests of others. You need to have obtained consent before sharing someone else’s data. You should apply caution before sharing information in a forum.
The content provided to us must respect the rights and interests of others, including their rights to protection of personal information and privacy. It should not be offensive, disrespectful or be harmful in any way.
Any provision of personal information to Deye Inverter about another individual must be compliant with privacy laws, including with notice and consent requirements for the disclosure of that information.
While Deye Inverter strives to protect your personal information, providing it online on shared forums is not risk-free. If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal information, including photographs, to any forum, social network or blog, please be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Deye Inverter have control over. Deye Inverter is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. You should apply caution before deciding to share information about yourself or another person.
5. Who do we share personal information with?
We ensure all service providers working under contract for Deye Inverter are compliant with data privacy laws and aligned with Deye Inverter guidelines.
We also share the information as follows:
- In connection with the provision of advertising, we may share some limited personal information (e.g. device identifiers, Cookie identifiers) with ad exchanges or agencies that manage advertising on third-party websites and apps on which you may see advertising.
- Deye Inverter may disclose your personal information as necessary to potential buyers and successors in title, to facilitate a merger, consolidation, transfer of control or other corporate reorganization in which Deye Inverter participates.
- Where required by law or court orders or to protect our legal rights, we will disclose your personal information to government agencies, regulators and competent authorities.
- Aggregated with other information, in such a way that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations).
We will not sell or rent your personal information to a third party without your permission.
6. Third-party websites and social media
We also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Deye Inverter on various social media sites. The use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and the privacy settings of the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites and to adjust these settings as you see fit.
7. What are your rights?
Deye Inverter will comply with your data protection rights, including your rights to request access to your personal information and to request that it be deleted or amended. You can always opt out of any direct marketing activity performed by Deye Inverter.
Deye Inverter will comply with your data protection rights, including your rights to access and correct your personal information. You may inquire about the nature of the personal information stored or processed about you by any Deye Inverter entity. You will be provided access to your personal information, regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
You can request access to your personal information and request that it be deleted or amended at any time. Individual Rights Requests can be sent to: [email protected]
You always have the right to opt out of our marketing communications. Your prior consent is sought, when required by any applicable law. To opt out of marketing emails, simply use the functionality provided at the bottom of any email we send.
Country-specific sections may supplement this section.
Last update : 31/8/2022